Plans for Revision

December 23rd, 2016

As I have mentioned in my cover letter, I don’t really have a well grounded and defined motive for writing on pleasure. So the first part of my revision is going to be to start developing that part of my essay more solidly.

I have to read my sources more scrupulously, annotate the position of each theorist regarding pleasure and subjectivity, find similarities and differences and then proceed to formulate an outline for my essay.

So far everything that I have written in my draft is going to be revised. But once I have read my sources in detail, and have gotten a better hold of their conceptual framework, then I am going to apply them in relation to Huxley’s theory of pleasure.

I am not really worried about stitching or any of the other details that may help my essay, because I don’t think I am there yet. For now, I am going to be making sure that I can use some of Gaipa’s strategies, specifically the leapfrogging one because I am finding out that even though I agree with some tenets of my sources, I find that I have some disagreements as well. Furthermore, I need to develop my ballroom diagram, so that I am sure I am engaging my sources and they are not just there to occupy empty space.

During the break, my hope is that I can successfully come up with an arguable thesis, and develop Huxley’s notion on pleasure in relation to Barthes, Foucault and Bloom. But for that I will need to spend my vacation with my books. So I will get packing.

One Response to “Plans for Revision”

1. Chani Rubenstein on January 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi Ikramullah! I read your annotated bibliography to get an idea of where your research was heading, and your topic sounds fascinating! I know that I’ve been grappling with Freud in my paper on dream theory, so it’ll be good to have someone to discuss Frued with (or to just commiserate). I also had a hard time getting a complete draft out, and am still putting the finishing touches on my working draft (which will hopefully work!). I hope you’re doing well, and that you’ve had a pleasurable time writing your paper on pleasure!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS